[Perform-Talk] National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division 2016 Elections

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 21:53:12 UTC 2016

Good afternoon friends,

I am writing to let all of you know that at the National Federation of
the Blind Performing Arts Division meeting this year, we will be
holding elections.  Every position on the division board of directors
is up for election.  Please read the following and consider carefully
if you would like to run.

The National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division is
striving to build membership and become stronger financially.  Those
two goals will motivate our decisions, programs, and direction in the
upcoming years.  As performers and those involved in the performing
arts, we can reach out to people in a unique way that belongs to no
one else.  We can use our talents to build the federation through our
division.  In order to build membership, we must have a strong group
of leaders on the board.  These leaders must commit to the work that
keeps this division moving forward.  In other words, don't be afraid
of hard work.  :)

The board of the Performing Arts Division holds monthly conference
calls.  Between calls we communicate about our projects and efforts.
Each member of the board chairs a committee or performs another
important job that gives them responsibilities between board meetings.

This year the following positions are available: president, vice
president, secretary, treasurer, and three board positions.  At
present the board stands: Julie McGinnity (president), Katelyn
MacIntyre (vice president), Kaiti Shelton (secretary), La'Keisha Holms
(treasurer), Lizzy Muhammad (board position), Jim Jackson (board
position), no one (board position).  Yes, I did mean to write no one.
The final board position is open.

If you have any questions about the work of the performing arts board,
please contact me.  If you would like to run for a position on the
board, let us know.  You can post to the perform talk list serve or
contact the board at nfbpad at gmail.com.

The Performing Arts Division business meeting will take place on July
2nd at 1:00 PM.  Please keep in mind that only dues-paying members can
vote and seek election.  So come early to meet us, and pay your dues!
:)

I look forward to seeing many of you at convention and can't wait to
be a part of the continued work this division does to build the
federation!

Julie A. McGinnity
President, National Federation of the blind Performing Arts Division
Email: kaybaycar at gmail.com
Phone: (410)659-9314 Ex. 2525