[Perform-Talk] Come Join the Fun: LightHouse Grand Opening Celebration and “Blind and Proud” Parade - Friday, June 10

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Fri May 27 21:17:37 UTC 2016

Join the San Francisco LightHouse for the Blind for our Grand Opening Parade and Celebration on Friday, June 10 to celebrate the Grand Opening of the LightHouse’s new headquarters. "Blind and Proud" will be a day of celebration and new connections, during which we will shut down the streets of San Francisco and march to our new home at 1155 Market Street.

·         We will start the day at 11:00 a.m. with a welcome event on the east steps of San Francisco City Hall. Check in with us near the City Hall steps, in the Civic Center Plaza, to grab your t-shirt and other fun treats.

·         At noon a marching band will lead our “Blind & Proud” Parade down Van Ness and Market Streets to our new headquarters at 1155 Market Street. Be a part of the fanfare: march with us on the short but very visible route from City Hall to our new headquarters. Have fun and show off your identity as blind, low vision, an ally, a teacher, a family member, or any other member of the LightHouse community!

·         Once we arrive at 1155 Market Street we will have a ribbon cutting ceremony and open house, showcasing our new facilities and the unique design elements we’ve invented for the blind. We'll offer refreshments, live music and hands-on interactive demos.

We hope you will join us in this grand celebration of the abilities and aspirations of the new LightHouse. Please join us on June 10. To RSVP or for more information, call 415-694-7365 or email aogarrio at lighthouse-sf.org<mailto:aogarrio at lighthouse-sf.org>.

We hope to see you there!

Join us at the Grand Opening celebration on Friday, June 10th. We will kick off the event on the steps of San Francisco City Hall at 11 am. Be a part of the “Blind and Proud” parade with a marching band and much fanfare! A ribbon cutting at the new building will lead to an Open House highlighting the unique design features, live music, delicious fare and interactive activities. To RSVP, please contact Andrea at aogarrio at lighthouse-sf.org or 415.694.7365.