[Perform-Talk] feedback on these amps and floor unit please?

Cameron Strife cameron at cameronstrife.com
Sun Sep 11 22:45:50 UTC 2016

Hi everyone. If anybody has played the below amps or floor unit,
please give me your positive and negative feedback.

the latest version of the Fender Mustang IV, 2x12, 150w, four button
footswitch included.
It seems easy to deal with, tone snobs and tube amp freaks actually
seem to be quite fond of it, and at approx 45 pounds, it's not a back
breaker. Not sure if the fender fuse pc software is accessible, but
I'm not counting on that.

Line 6 Firehawk 1500, 1500w, full range six speaker sound system, foot
controller sold separately. It's easier to deal with when compared to
the older line 6 stuff, from what I've read at least, and, this is the
amp that seems to change people's minds when they cringed at modeling
gear before.

Line 6 pod hd 500x or the Line 6 Firehawk effects floorboard into the
tech21 power 60

I'm looking for one thing to handle recording of my own music and for
live use in mostly cover band situations. I have two auditions for
serious tribute bands in the near future but they are providing the
gear for those gigs. (Eagles and Pink Floyd for anybody who's
wondering... We shall see what happens!)

The fender would fit in a standard cheapo gator amp carryer which
would have a handle and wheels but it seems the line 6 is a bit bigger
and she is approx 25 pounds heavier which is something to take into
consideration.

Using the pod or the firehawk into front of house and using the tech
21 as more of a personal monitor would be ideal because it's easy to
setup and tare down, it's lite, and it looks like that would all fit
into one case with wheels.

Yes, I'd love the Line 6 Helix or the axe fx8 but my budget will be a
grand tops, for now at least.

Thanks,

Cameron.