[Perform-Talk] Looking for soprano and mezzo musical theatre braille files

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 22:21:50 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Sorry to those who saw this on menvi earlier this weekend, but I
thought I'd try cross posting it here too since my other email doesn't
have responses yet.  I'm not sure if the transcriber my department
used to use will be able to braille my music this school year so if I
can find anything that is already brailled and ready for embossing it
would be a great help.

Hi all,

I'm looking around for any files I can find of musical theatre pieces
for a soprano or mezzo singer.  My voice teacher is doing a lot of
repertoire with me this semester that is in the pop genres (because
I'm a music therapy major) and so I suggested doing some musical
theatre both because I have an interest in that music and because it
might help a bit with teaching me to be a little more expressive when
I play and sing.

His suggestions included Nothing from A Chorus Line and My New
Philosophy from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, but since I've sung
the latter before the one we're really hoping to find is Schroeder.
This musical theatre piece will probably be what I end up singing at a
recital for voice students who are not majoring in voice for their
primary instrument at the end of the semester.  I think the acting in
both Nothing and Schroeder is flexible enough that I could get some
good expression out of those pieces, and it will help us cover that
base in addition to the work on my music therapy rep and the Italian
piece he's picked out for me.

Thanks in advance.  I don't currently have a bard account so any
resources would be appreciated.

--
Kaiti Shelton