[Perform-Talk] 2018 PAD Elections

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:46:34 UTC 2018

Good morning fellow federation performers,

This year the Performing Arts Division will be holding elections for
all positions.  Below I will outline what those positions are and what
their responsibilities will be.

President: facilitates all meetings, oversees all work of the
division, and communicates with the national office and other
affiliates and divisions
Vice President: Assists the president in all of the above mentioned;
shares responsibilities with the president
Secretary: keeps division records, takes meeting minutes and action
points, and assists in any writing of letters we must send as a
division
Treasurer: oversee all funding involved in the running of the
division, maintains the bank account, and writes checks and delivers
financial reports
Board positions: Perform tasks as assigned by the president and vice
president including chairing committees, leading workshops, and taking
charge of fundraising efforts

Each board member and officer will be expected to attend at least one
monthly board meeting by conference call.  We will decide on the dates
and times based on the schedules of our board.  In addition, each
board member and officer will be responsible for projects and other
tasks they will be performing between conference calls.  Our goal is
to have a board that works like a team and is invested in ensuring
that our division thrives.

If you would like to run for an office, please contact either me or
Katelyn MacIntyre.  We will be happy to speak with you and answer any
questions you may have.

We look forward to seeing many of you at convention!

Julie's email: kaybaycar at gmail.com
Katelyn's email: katelynmac at cox.net

Julie A. McGinnity
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division