[Perform-Talk] blind models

Sandra Gayer sandragayer7 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 15:07:23 UTC 2019

Hello Amy, Modelling is definitely something blind people have done.
There was some news a year or two ago about some blind models on the
catwalk in Paris Fashion Week. You will need sighted help to get the
right outfits, backdrops and facial expressions for your portfolio.
Regardless of being disabled or not, most artists get better results
when they have representation. Read the guidelines on their websites
for submissions. If the websites you are focused on are inaccessible,
get sighted help reading them. You will also need help with decisions
about the type of modelling you want to do; runway, print, awareness
raising. Models are also used in atv adverts, infomercials etc.
Different looks; outfits, ways of carrying yourself, are required,
depending on the type of modelling you would like to do and the
modelling you are suitable for. Someone who you trust, who can see,
will need to help with this too. When yousecure representation, your
agent will be able to give you specific advice about all the above.

I hope some of this is helpful to you.
Very best wishes,
Sandra.

--