[Perform-Talk] How to Avoid "Inspiration Porn"

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:43:30 UTC 2019

Good morning fellow performers,

I am loving these Forbes articles written on the disability
experience, and I thought this one was particularly relevant for us as
performers.  We are more likely than most to have articles written
about us, and we need to know what to look out for, how to advocate
for ourselves, and what to expect when these writers approach us.  I
hope you guys find this article helpful and educational. Here's the
link:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewpulrang/2019/11/29/how-to-avoid-inspiration-porn/?utm_sq=g9glqcxvdy&fbclid=IwAR3uWvIm5WVIjFstxDmhPckjadT8f1mGK4JFK3RgcBDF2apXA2l-loxu2Vc&utm_medium=Social#19839d285b3d

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; President, National Federation of the