[Perform-Talk] Open Board Position in the NFB Performing Arts Division

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 17:33:02 UTC 2019

Good afternoon fellow federationists,

I hope all preparations for #NFB19 are going well, and I am looking
forward to seeing many of you in Vegas.

I am writing this message to announce, officially, that the National
Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division is looking for a
hardworking, energetic individual to serve a one-year term on our
board.  A position has opened, and we plan to fill it at our annual
meeting in Los Vegas, taking place on Tuesday, July 9 from 6:00-to
10:00 PM in Tradewinds F.

What does it take to be a member of the board of the Performing Arts
Division?  As a member of the board, you will be expected to attend
one board meeting, via conference call, per month.  You will also be
invited to assist with special projects throughout the year as they
come up.  We are currently looking for ways to fundraise and increase
membership engagement between conventions.  In addition, as we have
been focusing on our efforts on the Let Us Play Us campaign, we are in
need of someone who can lend their time and energy to furthering our
strides to fight for representation and accurate portrayals of
blindness in the media.

If you are interested in running for this board position, please
contact either myself or Katelyn MacIntyre to let us know.  You may
reach me at this address, and Katelyn can be reached by emailing
katelynmac at cox.net.  Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions
or if you are considering running for the board.

I would like to add here that even if you are not on the board of the
division, there is plenty to do on our team.  So if you would like to
join us by assisting with any of our efforts, we would love to have
you join us.

Now, onto #NFB19!  Hope to see you at our various division events and
at our exhibit hall table, D20!

Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; President, National Federation of the
Blind Performing Arts Division; First Vice President, National
Federation of the Blind of Missouri