[Perform-Talk] You're Invited: 2019 Blind Musicians Group Featuring Improv Workshop from Pianist Uli Geissendoerfer

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 03:07:47 UTC 2019

Calling All Musical Federationists:

We cordially invite you to the annual meeting of the NFB Blind Musicians
Group, to be held on Monday, July 8 from 1-4 PM in Coral C as part of our
2019 national convention! We are excited to bring you yet another new
special feature to our meeting: a one-of-a-kind improvisation workshop led
by world-renowned jazz/Latin pianist Uli Geissendoerfer, calling in all the
way from Munich, Germany! To learn more about Uli, please visit
http://www.ulimusic.com/info.html. Improv is one of the most fun ways to
express yourself through music, and Uli will show us how he has turned it
into an art form for which he is Grammy-nominated. Each of us will also have
an opportunity to try our hands at improv with help from Uli and/or one of
his students. This promises to be a uniquely fun and educational experience
for us all.

Back by popular demand, our performance session is returning to the meeting
agenda. This means that we are once again inviting all attendees to show off
your talents in a fun, informal and collaborative setting. It's a time to
network with our fellow musicians while learning and laughing together, and
those who attended last year's meeting can attest to how much fun we had. If
you would like to perform, please email Chris at cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
<mailto:cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com>  with your name and the instrument you will
be playing (vocals count, of course). Because of its informal nature, you
can certainly decide during the meeting that you want to play, though having
a list in advance will allow us to cut down on transition time. You could
even use this opportunity as a preview of your Showcase of Talent
performance! We love to hear the talents of our members, so we encourage you
to pack your instrument and join in the fun!

No matter where you are in your musical journey, we hope you will join us
for a lively and interactive meeting. The Blind Musicians Group is all about
collaboration, and we need all musically-inclined Federationists to help us
make the collaboration strong. We can't wait to see you in Coral C from 1-4
PM on Monday for a musical kick-off to convention.

Let's make music together!

Chris Nusbaum and Linda Mentink, Co-Chairs

Blind Musicians Group

National Federation of the Blind