[Perform-Talk] Acting Workshop at #NFB19

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:18:01 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I hope you are readying yourselves for our national convention, less
than two weeks away!

Here's a detailed description of our acting workshop, to be held the
Monday evening of convention from 7:00-10:00 PM.  Please note that if
you choose to participate in the workshop, we are asking that you
commit to getting there at least 15 minutes early.  We have plenty of
spots available.  Please email me either here or at jmcginnity at nfb.org
if you would like to reserve a spot.

Here's the description, straight from Marilee Talkington:

This acting workshop is for actors at every level of the craft and
those who have never taken an acting class before, but who are just
filled with creative curiosity.
The workshop will offer cutting edge embodiment work as well as master
level techniques on how to approach text and character.  Each
participant will get a chance to dive into a very short scene with a
partner and will be invited to work on the scene in front of the
group.  This is not a performance, but rather a work in progress.  The
workshop ultimately will offer participants a way in to creating an
authentically rich character and world on stage or screen.

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; President, National Federation of the