[Perform-Talk] Accessibility of Music Editing Software

Sandra Gayer sandragayer7 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 20:37:54 UTC 2019

Hello,
Sibelius works really well but you need to get hold of an old version
like version 5, download free scripts and you need to be using
Windows7 or earlier. If you are working with sighted musicians, the
sheet music produced in Sibelius looks better; more professional, so
I'm told, than music produced in Dancing Dots' software. Even then,
you will need some sighted assistance to make sure things like lyrics,
expression markings and notes aren't crashing into each other visually
on the page.

I like Sibelius because you can type your music as if you were typing
a letter to someone. I use Braille Music so when I'm writing something
for sighted musicians, it's a case of transcribing, rather than
composing, using software.
Very best wishes,
Sandra.

--