[Perform-Talk] Performance Stories

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 14:34:23 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the beginning of spring!

I would like to encourage you to share your performance stories with
us.  This is our time to let our voices be heard as we continue our
campaign surrounding the In the Dark tv show.  We are the performers
in the movement, and we can help to chart the direction of the work we
do in the realm of blindness in the entertainment industry.

It doesn't have to be formal or pages long.  We're looking for real,
authentic views from blind people who have sought a career, an
education, or opportunities in the performing arts.  You don't have to
be a professional to submit a story either.  If you perform in
community theater or other local performing groups, we want to hear
from you too.  Bring your successes, your moments of discrimination,
and the challenges you have overcome to establish your place on stage.
You need not be an actor to share your story.  If you have any
experience at all performing (or being denied opportunities to
perform) on stage or on screen, your story is valuable to us.

If you have a story you would like to share, please email it to Chris
Danielsen at cdanielsen at nfb.org.  I look forward to hearing from you!

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; President, National Federation of the