[Perform-Talk] First Ever Acting Academy for Blind and Low Vision Actors

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 15:29:56 UTC 2019

Good morning,

I write to you today to share some exciting news!  Marilee Talkington,
the acclaimed blind actress who led the acting workshop at our
previous national convention, has created a training program for blind
and low vision actors.  Please read the information below, and
consider this opportunity if you are an aspiring actor.  There is a
quick turn-around on the application, so take note of the November
30th deadline.  Also, if you know of anyone else who may be interested
in this training program, pass along the information freely.

***

ABOUT THE PROGRAM

WWW.ACCESSACTING.COM

Access Acting Academy is proud to announce that we have ‘opened our
doors’ and are now ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for our flagship,
1st-of-its-kind, 5-week Professional Actor Training Program
specifically for blind, low vision and visually impaired actors and
future artistic change-makers. And we are able to offer this 5-week
training program tuition free.

This program is for beginners, early to mid career professionals and
those that may have acted then experienced vision loss and are eager
to integrate their new perception and reclaim their artistic agency.

Actor training of this master-level caliber and level of accessibility
has never been available before. Now is the time for this profoundly
rich and untapped talent to be cultivated, collaborated with, and
realized.

Program Dates: JAN 6 - FEB 7, 2020
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Tuition: FREE (housing and travel not included)
Class Size: 12
Deadline to Apply: NOV. 30 2019

To find out about the program and how to apply go  to:

WWW.ACCESSACTING.COM

"The irrevocable fact is that each of us has an undeniable creative
force within us that is meant to emerge and express.  This is our
right as humans.  To realize and reveal our radiance and exquisite
grace in the world."
-Founder of Access Acting Academy, Marilee Talkington

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; President, National Federation of the