[Perform-Talk] Alternative Performing Techniques

Katelyn MacIntyre katelynmacmusic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 01:19:08 UTC 2020

Hello friends!
Our new Blindness and Entertainment Committee is working on an exciting project, and we need your help. We are compiling a list of alternative techniques and accommodations that blind performers may use in our various performing arts, especially acting on stage and screen. We plan to share these ideas and strategies with industry professionals in the future, showing them how blindness need not hold us back from successfully competing with our sighted colleagues.
This is where you come in. Please send us any alternative techniques, accommodations, ideas/tips, etc. that have worked for you in your performing arts. These can range from how you navigate a set, to reading a script, learning choreography, etc. we want it all. Any contributions will be used anonymously.
Please send your thoughts to nfbpad at gmail.com by February 1st so we can include them in our project.
Thank you so much for contributing!
Warmest regards,

~Katelyn MacIntyre, M.M.
www.katelynmac.com
www.facebook.com/KatelynMacMusic
@KatelynMacMusic
Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division