[Perform-Talk] running for a position for the nfb 2020 conventiion

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 02:42:31 UTC 2020

hello all,

hello, my name is amy sabo and, I have been a active member of this
division since 2007 when I attended my first meeting. it has been a
honor to be a part of this division and, i'am planning running for the
positions of both secretary and a board position.

the reasons why I want to be elected for these positions is that both
of these both I plan to use the same platforms if i'am elected for
these positions.

first is membership in the division through our state affilates in the
nfb and, also through our state affilates our local chapters too.
also, include members from other divisions too. also, update our
membership list and, decide if you want to continue in this part or
not. also, network to all blind performers in the area who aren't part
of the nfb. also, go as pad reps to state conventions to spread our
message of the division and, also with this to many state affiliates
to get members and, also assist with events in their state which deal
with performing arts.

second, we need to continue in raising money not just at convention
but, throughout the year. like we have done through our singing
telagrams, but, also with doing music stuff or other events like that
throughout the year. we can also do this with other state affiliates
through their fundraisers.

and last but, mnot least we need to do more with public relations with
this we can promiote and, learn more about this division. since i'am a
pr person myself and, it's my passion for it. we need to do this
through this list, our social media pages, our web site, and brochures
too.

so, those are my platforms if i'am elected for both the positions of
secretary or a board member. if i'am not elected to these positions
then that's okay. if then I will contuinue my involvement with the
division. this division is dear to my heart in some personal ways as
well too.

thanks again for your support and, I will talk to you all soon.

sincerely,