[Perform-Talk] information on virtual music school

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 02:54:27 UTC 2020

Greetings All,

The Filomen M. D’Agostino Greenberg Music School ('The Fil') in New
York City (https://fmdgmusicschool.org/classes/) is pleased to inform
you that we are opening our remote classes to a broad, nationwide
audience for special offerings in the month of July.

The Fil is a community music school that is committed to helping
people pursue their study of music while addressing the challenges
posed by vision loss. For over 100 years we have served people
directly in the New York metropolitan region and occasionally, much
beyond. For many years we have received messages from many around the
country bemoaning the fact that they live too far away to benefit from
our services and assistance.

Since March 2020 all of our lessons and classes have transitioned to
online. Our students and teachers have met this challenge with
enthusiasm, excitement, agility, and flexibility. Since our
instruction is virtual, we decided that now would be the time to offer
our lessons and classes to a greater audience -

* anyone who is visually impaired/blind and needs assistance In accessing music

* anyone who is visually impaired/blind and would like to take a class
where the materials are already in whatever format you need

* anyone who is visually impaired/blind who would like to take a class
and know that their needs will be met

Our faculty has developed a roster of classes that will encourage
curiosity and entice interest.  We also have a number of invited
guests who will participate in sessions and panel discussions.  Here's
just a few teasers:

* Celebrate Beethoven at 250!

* Explore the art collection at The Metropolitan Museum of Art through music

* Discover the World of Opera through the lens of Metropolitan Opera
stage director, costume mistress, and active NYC opera singers

* Learn musical skills for songwriting, ear training, Braille music
and much more

And a special workshop--"Career Building for Youth in the Arts"--to
prepare for majoring in music, audition protocol, arts resumes and
special panel discussions!

Please check our offerings on our website:
https://fmdgmusicschool.org/classes/. Please email questions to:

music at fmdgmusicschool.org <mailto:music at fmdgmusicschool.org>
SakasD at fmdgmusicschool.org <mailto:SakasD at fmdgmusicschool.org>
Wheelera at fmdgmusicschool.org <mailto:Wheelera at fmdgmusicschool.org>

We look forward to meeting you over Zoom or FaceTime this summer.

  <https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/j5NtmGi6t7biTZm_H-0SdFB92UKANRX0KsARgrk_SpXT0DvFGTnmAtfivdl9tt-JFzMdSnTIcK14OIqRdCWjIwwzvv9bG6uQXus2EuZngSMrfEbAnN-t6-Eoi8qRkB-v24rQvUoE>

--

Dr. Leslie Jones, Executive Director

The Filomen M. D'Agostino Greenberg Music School

jonesl at FMDGmusicschool.org <mailto:jonesl at FMDGmusicschool.org>

 <http://www.FMDGmusicschool.org> www.FMDGmusicschool.org