[Perform-Talk] help with you tube

PRAMIT BHARGAVA pramit.vision at gmail.com
Tue May 19 04:20:16 UTC 2020

Hi Amy,

Below are the few things that you can do to watch the video on Youtube and
a few keyboard shortcuts:

   1. Seek slider: The seek slider is used to fast forward or rewind the
   video. To use the seek slider, first turn off Virtual cursor then tab to
   the slider. Use the left/right or up/down arrow keys to fast forward/rewind
   the video.
   2. Play/pause: The button text changes based on the status of the video.
   To replay the video, select the Play or K button after the video stops
   playing.
   3. Next: This button allows you to skip to the next video. If you don't
   have media buttons, you can also skip to the next video using Shift+N.
   4. Mute/unmute: This button changes depending on whether the video is
   muted or not muted.
   5. Volume slider: Use the left/right or up/down arrow keys to
   increase/decrease volume.
   6. Time elapsed/total duration: This section shows the total time
   elapsed over the total duration of the video. It shows you how much of the
   video has played already and how much there's still left to play.
   7. CC (Subtitles): If a video has subtitles, you can activate them
   through the C shortcut. The subtitles will be at the bottom of the video.
   To turn off subtitles, use the C shortcut again.

Keyboard shortcut Function
Spacebar Play/Pause when the seek bar is selected. Activate a button if a
button has focus.
Play/Pause Media Key on keyboards Play / Pause.
k Pause/Play in player.
m Mute/unmute the video.
Stop Media Key on keyboards Stop.
Next Track Media Key on keyboards Moves to the next track in a playlist.
Left/Right arrow on the seek bar Seek backward/forward 5 seconds.
j Seek backward 10 seconds in player.
l Seek forward 10 seconds in player.
, While the video is paused, skip to the next frame.
. While the video is paused, go back to the previous frame.
> Speed up the video playback rate.
< Slow down the video playback rate.
Home/End on the seek bar Seek to the beginning/last seconds of the video.
Up/Down arrow on the seek bar Increase/Decrease volume 5%.
Numbers 1 to 9 on the seek bar (not on the numeric pad) Seek to the 10% to
90% of the video.
Number 0 on the seek bar (not on the numeric pad) Seek to the beginning of
the video.
Number 1 or Shift+1 Move between H1 headers.
/ Go to search box.
f Activate fullscreen. If full-screen mode is enabled, activate F again or
press escape to exit full-screen mode.
c Activate closed captions and subtitles if available. To hide captions and
subtitles, activate C again.
Shift+N Move to the next video (If you're using a playlist, will go to the
next video of the playlist. If not using a playlist, it will move to the
next YouTube suggested video).
Shift+P Move to the previous video. Note that this shortcut only works when
you're using a playlist.
Hope this helps

Pramit