[Perform-Talk] Casting Opportunity for Feature Film

Katelyn MacIntyre katelynmacmusic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 23:36:26 UTC 2020

Hello all,

We received the below announcement looking for a blind woman in her 40s to 60s. If you fit the description, please email runnerfilm at kateantognini.com with your interest, and share with others.

Hello!

I'm casting an exciting indie feature film by exceptionally-talented first time director Marian Mathias. We are looking for a blind or visually impaired woman to play quite an important character. It is important to Marian that the role goes to someone that is blind or visually impaired in real life. In my research, I came across National Federation for the Blind and wanted to get in touch to see if you know of anyone that would be interested in the project.  Marian wants to discover someone new for the role and is very open to and interested in working with a non actor, so no acting experience is required.

We are casting for the role of Holly, a motherly figure, who is a blind or visually impaired woman of any ethnicity in her late 40's-60's.

Marian graduated with an MFA from NYU Tisch School of the Arts as a Departmental Fellow. She is a recipient of the Hollywood Foreign Press Award and the Sara Driver Production Award. Her thesis film Give Up The Ghost premiered as an Official Selection at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival (Cinéfondation). Her films have premiered worldwide in countries such as Egypt, Poland, and Nepal.

"Runner," her first feature, has been selected for the 2018 Cannes Cinéfondation Residence and the Torino FeatureLab. It is the recipient of the prestigious 2019 TorinoFilmLab Co-Production Award.

While the film is tentatively shooting in Indiana this Spring, they will cover all travel and board for whoever is cast wherever in the world you live. Also, you will be compensated for your work (SAG scale for Modified Low Budget). Note if you are not available during that time frame for some reason, you should still audition as the shoot may push back depending on cast schedules. Just give me a heads up if you have a potential conflict.

See more details about the project and synopsis below, as well as attached treatment. Please let me know asap if you'd like to self tape and I will send you directions.

PROJECT DETAILS:

Type: Feature Film
Title: Runner
Director: Marian Mathias [marianmathias.com]
Producer: Nadia Turincev & Joy Jorgensen
Casting Director: Kate Antognini
Talent Rate: Sag Scale Modified Low Budget + agency fee (negotiable for right talent)
Film Budget: Modified Low Budget - $500k, full funded
Usage: Film Festival Circuit & potential theater distribution
Shoot Date: tentatively mid Feb. to March 2021 (4-6 week shoot)
Shoot Location: Indiana (all travel and board will be covered)

Synopsis:
Runner follows Haas, an eighteen-year-old girl raised by a single father in Missouri. Growing up in an isolated town composed of mostly German immigrant families, she is unsure of the life that has been set out for her by her community. When her father dies suddenly she is left to bury him alone. In order to meet the terms of his will, she must bring him to the town where he was born, a community battling both the stresses of climate and economy. In the process of this journey, she meets another wayward soul and through this friendship her understanding of loss begins to take shape.

Best,
Kate

Kate Antognini | Casting Director
website kateantognini.com
instagram @kateantognini

~Katelyn MacIntyre, M.M.
www.katelynmac.com
www.facebook.com/KatelynMacMusic
@KatelynMacMusic
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division