[Perform-Talk] Seeking Actors Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired for an Upcoming Feature Film

Katelyn MacIntyre katelynmacmusic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 21:36:27 UTC 2021

Please see below for a casting opportunity and contact them if you’re a fit. I don’t have any further info.

Hi,

We are conducting a nationwide open call for two supporting roles in the Paramount Players feature film BE MY EYES. We are seeking two young actors who are blind or visually impaired.

Below is the flyer with the info pertaining to how to apply. Feel free to send this info to anyone who may be right for either role. If they are interested in applying, they should follow the submission instructions listed in the flyer. If we feel a candidate is right for the role, we will contact them with instructions on how to proceed with recording a self-taped audition.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

-BME Casting

Seeking talent who are blind or visually impaired for the Paramount Players Feature Film
Be My Eyes
Filming takes place October-November 2021 in Chicago

[SUZY] (Female, 9-13 yrs old to play young, open ethnicity) – Suzy has a close friendship to her aunt, Ash. She sees her as the “fun” aunt and enjoys playing hide and seek together when Ash comes over to babysit her while her parents are out of town. Having been blind since she was born, she inspires her aunt Ash to sign up for an app called See For Me that helps blind individuals complete tasks.   SUPPORTING

    [BRICE] (Male, 18+/legal 18 to play 16/17, open ethnicity) – A blind high school student; he is one of Ash’s first “customers” in the See For Me app. Brice uses the app in a panic to call Ash and get help finding his pocket square in his bedroom before his prom date arrives.   SUPPORTING, ONE SCENE

No Professional Acting Experience Necessary
To be considered for this role, please email a recent photo along with the following information to BMECastingCall at gmail.com

Actor’s Name:
City of Residence:

IF SUBMITTING A MINOR:
Child’s name:
Child’s current age:
Parent or Guardian’s name:
City of Residence:

PARENTAL CONSENT TO PARTICIPATE IS REQUIRED

~Katelyn MacIntyre, M.M.
www.katelynmac.com
www.facebook.com/KatelynMacMusic
@KatelynMacMusic
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division