[Perform-Talk] Newbie blind guitarist

Jimmy Parsons jparsons811 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 22:41:24 UTC 2022

Hey Daryl

     Your forefinger or pointer finger. Is finger number one.
Your middle finger is finger number two.  Your ring finger is finger number three. And your pinky finger is finger number four.

-The big thick string that is lowest in pitch (low E) is String number 6
- The highest in pitch thinnest in diameter string or (High E)
Is String number one.

So the strings in order from lowest pitch to highest go as this.

6 E
5 A
4 D
3 G
2 B
1 E

So you instructor can use your finger numbers along with string numbers as well as fret numbers to get you positioned on the footboard.
I hope that’s helpful

Jimmy Parsons