[Perform-Talk] Newbie blind guitarist

Cara Quinn caraquinn at caraquinn.com
Wed Feb 23 23:01:23 UTC 2022

Hi Daryl,

First off, congratulations on learning guitar! :) It’s a wonderful instrument!

The easiest way I know of to impart chord fingerings would simply be to use numbers in the order of Finger, Fret and String, as in the following.

1st finger, 1st fret, 3rd string

2nd finger, 2nd fret, 5th string

3rd finger, 2nd fret, 4th string

This would represent an E major chord in the first (open) position. Does this make sense?

Regarding tabs, unfortunately, I don’t have an answer for you. I haven’t kept up with current tablature accessibility. -Apologies.

Hope this note helps at least somewhat. :)

Happy playing!

Cheers!

Cara