[Perform-Talk] Question about affective music student accommodations

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 21 03:08:36 UTC 2023

I would add materials transcribed in  brailleMusic on the list. You will need it for music theory and aural skills  especially.   I know I've had students who have been able to work with their disability services department and have them braille the music using the Dancing Dots software. I did this myself when I was gettingmusic therapy training and in graduate school. I had a Reader who I worked with. I have one student who uses a Bluetooth keyboard, it's a small electric keyboard, that you can just hook up to your computer or laptop and he uses that in class for assignments. Using your braille note will help especially with dictation.

Leslie Hamric
Cello and Braille Music Teacher