[Perform-Talk] Teaching for the First Time

Elizabeth Sprecher elizabeth.sprecher103 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 21:28:05 UTC 2023

Hi all,
recently, I got a message that someone wanted to learn braille music and
theory. I have never fully taught someone before, but I'm not sure where to
start.
I am currently a senior in undergrad, and am wondering if I should charge
for lessons, or if I should just point them to some resources such as
beginner books that show braille music. I need to start getting some
teaching experience, and I'm super nervous..
Does anyone have any advice on teaching, any starting points, anything I
need to know about committing to something like this.
Thanks