[Pibe-division] body language awareness

Lori twilight2 at kconline.com
Fri Apr 17 16:38:13 UTC 2009

Hi,

Well, you can practice with identifying whether someone is looking at him/her or not when talking. You can talk about when someone is fidgiting you can often hear pants wrustling or if the person is standing their voice is slightly moving around if they are not standing still. Spend some time around toddlers and you can learn this really quick *smile* Again, listen and identify when someone has their head down when talking. Talk about how engaging with others gives you a good sense of the environment and what people are doing. Same goes for when eating, you can tell if someone is chewing with their mouth closed or not. Kids who are typing or texting in class my not be attentative. Ask about what he or she can tell. I am always very aware of space and personal space and if someone talks alot with their hands. You can tell when two people are talking directly to one another usually in the American culture. Tapping of a pencil can be bordom or just a habit.
 And so on...

Lori