[Pibe-division] OT: Workforce Recruitment Program for Students withDisabilities

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 20:47:47 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I was one of those college students who participated in WRP.  Its  easy to
apply; you talk to a recruitor at one of the participating colleges.  Its a
good way to
get into the government and network.  The program also gives you the
opportunity to attend events in DC such as a tour of the Capitol.

I got a job at an equal employment opportunity office.  I did not get as
much work as I wanted.  They could not find many nonvisual stuff for me to
do.  A lot of work involved papers such as filing.  I know another blind
person though who got more work.  They gave me metro tickets too so I did
not have to pay for transportation, the government did.
Overall its a good program and hope someone on this list can use the
information.

Sincerely,
Ashley