[Pibe-division] student teaching experience

James Konechne JamesKonechne at BISM.org
Tue May 5 12:45:58 UTC 2009

Hi Courtney,
Do you plan to teach children or adults?
Just out of curiosity, why a Braille teacher?

-----Original Message-----
From: pibe-division-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:pibe-division-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Cortney osolinski
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 9:35 PM
To: pibe-division at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Pibe-division] student teaching experience

Hi, my name is Cortney and I am currently a senior in college pursuing
a career in education with the goal to become a Braille teacher. I
have recently been informed by my university that I am required to
perform ninety hours of classroom observation where I will begin my
student teaching experience. They also informed me that once I
complete this requirement, I will be expected to serve as a student
teacher for that following semester. I was wondering if anyone on this
list could please share their experiences of being a student teacher.
Or, is it even necessary for me to go this route to become a Braille
teacher. If so, were you asked to manage a classroom alone or did you
work directly with the teacher? I would appreciate any suggestions or
feedback that you can offer.
Thank you very much
Cortney O.