[Pibe-division] Options on intital IEP--and adviceonbeginninghigh need

Denise Colton dlcolton at parkcity.net
Fri Sep 4 18:30:36 UTC 2009

Utilize Section 300.323 of the IDEA 2004 entitled When IEPs must be in effect which states "At the beginning of each school year, each public agency must have in effect, for each child with a disability within it's jurisdiction, an IEP...".   The child inarguably qualifies for special education support.  The 30 day diagnostic IEP is what schools typically use when they have no records on a child to work from and thus need to begin some services and evaluation simultaneously.