[Pibe-division] Comment

Vickie Buchignani canewalker at q.com
Tue Jun 8 23:08:18 UTC 2010

Many teacher's have a tendency to keep up with skills that are necessary for
teaching their students. If a TVI has no Braille students for one year,
naturally their Braille skills will be reduced. The same is true if the TVI
has no students using assistive technology, the TVI's assistive tech skills
will go down. Also, what about the TVI's who have over 25 on their caseload
and 8 students no Braille or are learning Braille. When the student see's
the TVI for ah, twice a week, could you say that the student is really
learning Braille? Sighted children are subjected to some form of print at
least 7 hours of the school day. Blind children do not have the privilege to
see Braille but maybe 4 to 6 hours a week, when being seen by an itenerate
TVI.