[Pibe-division] NBP-Announce: Kids' Book Club Selection: A Wish for Wings that Work

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Thu Nov 4 00:16:16 UTC 2010

November 2010 Book Club Selection
A Wish for Wings That Work: An Opus Christmas Story
By Berkeley Breathed
Print/braille edition, $7.99
In contracted braille with picture descriptions
Ages 4-8

Opus the penguin wants nothing more than to be able to fly like the snow
ducks - but, of course, penguins can't fly. So he writes a letter to
Santa asking for wings that work.

As Santa is making his rounds, his sleigh malfunctions and falls into a
cold, icy lake. Luckily, penguins do know how to swim in cold, icy
lakes, so Opus saves the day. His reward? We won't give it away here -
and it's probably not what you're thinking - but rest assured that the
story is told with warmth, energy, and plenty of witty details. This
book charmed everyone in our office, and that's no small feat! It's sure
to become a family holiday favorite.

To order or read more about this book online, visit
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/BC1011-WINGS.html

For those celebrating Hanukkah, check out "It's a Miracle! A Hanukkah
Storybook," by Stephanie Spinner:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/MIRACLE.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
520. Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .