[Pibe-division] Introduction

Hartle, Mary Jo mhartle at nfb.org
Tue Nov 16 13:41:53 UTC 2010

	I just wanted to welcome those of you who recently introduced
yourselves as new to this listserv and to the field of teaching blind
students.  I'm sure you will find it to be a great field and very
rewarding.  I would encourage you as you prepare to become teachers to
check out some great resources offered by the National Federation of the
Blind.  For starters, we have a website, www.teachblindstudetns.org
which may be of interest to you as new members in the field.  You may
also want to consider joining the next cohort for the "Teach for
Tomorrow" program for teachers of the blind in training.  We also have a
program where new teachers or teachers in training can be connected with
a teacher in the field as a mentor.  There are also some other great
resources on this site, and more to come by the end of this year.
	I'd also recommend that you sign up for Future Reflections, the
NFB's publication for parents and teachers, and familiarize yourself
more with the general programs and resources offered by the NFB by
visiting our homepage at www.nfb.org.  You should also browse the pages
devoted to education on this site as you may find valuable resources for
you in your studies and future career.  This site is:
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Education.asp?SnID=927033758

Best of luck with your programs.

Sincerely,
Mary Jo Hartle