[Pibe-division] Introduction

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 03:33:07 UTC 2010

I think the number of blind teachers of the blind is steadily becoming
larger. I've met or heard of many. I'm one of the up-and-rising TVIs,
behind you.

I'm Jewel, and I'm in my first year of college after years as a
live-in and -out nanny. I'm a non-traditional, being 25. I lost my
sight in '08 due to a chemical burn to the face, and now see only
light and colour, though my non-literal vision could never be better!

I'm hoping to go to Northern Illinois University for my transfer from
community college here in North Carolina. My biggest concern? Leaving
my support system (adoptive mom, little sister, many friends, and a
great NFB group) two time zones and hundred of miles away. I admit,
I'm a second-round just-leaving-home kid.

How are your studies at Vanderbilt going? What a great school. What is
the VI program like there? Welcome to the list, and I'm sure you'll
find many more who are interested in the cliche of the blind leading
the blind becoming a reality.

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!