[Pibe-division] Reminder: Bookshare Conference Call for Students - Sunday April 17!

Allison Hilliker (NFB of Arizona) nfbarizona at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 00:22:58 UTC 2011

Conference Call for Students Who Are Blind or Low Vision - April 17, 2011

Making Bookshare Work for You!

Bookshare is an online digital library that is free for students in the United States.

High school, college, and graduate students all find the collection to be an indispensible resource when it comes to finding the books they need for schoolwork and for pleasure reading.

Join the conversation with Allison Hilliker, Bookshare Collection Development Associate and Cherie Miller, Bookshare's University Program Manager. We will be taking your questions live throughout the discussion. There is no need to pre-register for the event, just call in and  join us.

-          Sunday, April 17, 2011, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm PST

-          Phone number to call: 866-210-1669.

Pass code: 656

During this discussion you will learn:

* What Bookshare is and how you can become a member

* How Bookshare can make your school work and pleasure reading much easier

* About our new Read2Go app; an app specifically designed for the Apple iOS that will allow for quick download and easy reading of Bookshare books on the iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone

* How to use Bookshare most efficiently and effectively with your notetaker or digital book player.

We look forward to talking with you on April 17!