[Pibe-division] thanks for providing me with email addres for nysed question how long wait receive license: Can I still teach if not received license?

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:52:08 UTC 2011

Thank you so much for giving such clear instructions how to access the teach online system. I initially, had a hard time logging on, since I could not remember my user name and password. I managed to get through the help desk, where a patient person provided me with this information. I will apply online for the reissuance of my initial license as well as my professional certification as teacher of the blind. I have two questions for this list. How long does it take to receive a reissuance of one's initial license or a professional certification? When speaking to the person at the help desk, I was told it takes 8-12 weeks for professional license to be issued but the person was unsure about how long the reissuance of my initial certification as a teacher of the blind would take. Secondly, until I receive the appropriate license, can I still teach with my license that I hold? My expiration date is in January 2012?

New York State can provide regarding these matters.

Sara Rooz

Certified Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired in New York

Independent Related Services in New York City