[Pibe-division] How to use Microsoft Outlook 2010 with JAWS

Dr. Denise M. Robinson dmehlenbacher at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 19:13:13 UTC 2011

Outlook is an incredibly easy email client to use. I start my students
on Gmail, so I know they have an Internet based email where they can go
anywhere and do anything they need to no matter what. They carry JAWS on a thumb drive and can plug into Grandma's or their friends' computer
when on vacation and still connect to the world.

Outlook needs to be configured to the computer you use, so does not
offer the flexibility as an Internet based email, however, if you know
you will only be on 1 or 2 computers and you want something easy to use,
 Outlook is it.

Many business also use Outlook, so I highly suggest learning both Gmail
and Outlook, just so you will be that much more viable in school, not to
 mention the work field. The more you know, the more possibilities you
will have at your disposal.

Here is a video on how easy it is to enter an appointment but even
greater is a tool for the student to keep track of homework during the
day, so they and the parents know exactly what needs to be completed
when they get home--setting bells and reminders that will automatically
go off-watch on Youtube: Dr. Robinson teaches-Outlook Calendar with keystrokes

For detailed lessons on Outlook and Jaws, go to : Microsoft Outlook 2010 with Jaws – Import contacts to Outlook, Read, Reply to
messages. make a folder, an Appointment, a contact and signature

Merry Christmas

       Denise

Denise M. Robinson, TVI, Ph.D.
CEO, TechVision