[Pibe-division] info for ophthalmologist eye report students visually impaired and additional disabilities

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Tue May 3 23:47:48 UTC 2011

Marianne, thanks for all the information you provided me with . I do not as of yet own either openbook or kurzweill. I have a stand alone machine, Aladin Ambassador, from a company that went out of business a few years ago, telesensory. I needed to buy myself a new notetaker to store information for my job earlier this year, so I am strapped for cash to buy either product. However, I plan to buy either product sometime in the future. Just curious to know, which product do you use. I ended buying myself a pacmate omni, since I like the company and customer service is very happy assistance to assist when needed. Also, the proice was more affordable than the braillenote from humanware. I went down to the NFB technology and had a chance to see all notetakerxs from various companies. All work on a windows platform, but the prices range from 2895 from freedom scientific to 6000$ from humanwareand one company Hims is based in Korea. I found the speech output on that product hardd to understand. So, since price was a consideration I bought the pacmate omni from Freedom scientific. Thanks again for all the valuable information.
Sara Rooz TVI in New York City
Independent Related Service Provider vision Education services in New York City