[Pibe-division] [braille-n-teach] Duxbury on a Mac

DrV pumpkinracer at gmail.com
Sun May 22 21:49:26 UTC 2011

Thanks to all of you who responded.
There were quite a few private responses & it looks like a lot of people
interested in using Duxbury in the MAC environment.
The Duxbury 11.1 software (internet download & CD versions) would not
cooperate with a fresh 1st time installation. Figuring I had nothing to
loose, I inserted an older 10.6 disc. This activated smoothly & I then had
no problem upgrading to 11.1 over that. A round about fix...
I am using Parallels 6 as my virtual PC. Works great. Doesn't seem to run
particularly slow.
For those interested in using the MAC - I encourage you to call or email
Duxbury & let them know of your interest. It would be great to not have to
buy & load otherwise unnecessary software just for the 1 program. Let your
voices be heard. As a general rule, Duxbury has been very responsive in my
interactions with them in the past. If there is enough of an interest,
perhaps they will see the value & could be convinced to offer Duxbury on the
MAC platform once again.
Best wishes,
Eric V