[Pibe-division] what age blind student learn signature writing whatmethods eexperienced tvis used found braille ccell method best

Zephyr twilight2 at kconline.com
Tue Nov 15 12:28:09 UTC 2011

Sara,

I feel that it is important for blind students to learn their signature right along with their sighted peers. I would advocate for cursive when the other students learn cursive, but with the way things are going, cursive is fading and not being taught as much in the schools.

I like the materials from APH. I believe tactile as well as ingraved letters are important. Learning traditional print letters gives you access to reading raised letter through out the environment. Handwriting can make a very good impression.

When preschool and kindergarteners are learning letters I think the magnetic print letters that have the braille letter on them can be an asset.

Lori