[Pibe-division] best tactiels for clothing

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 18:34:58 UTC 2011

Hi Amy:

I actually tried the dots for labeling my clothing but found it difficult to remember every color the dots represented. I prefer to use aluminum tags that contain  the Braille initials for colors suchas the initials  grn for green. This is a practical idea to remember the color of the clothes you are selecting to wear. When this student begins to learn the Braille letters you can introduce this list of clothing labels and assist the student to mark the clothing with the appropriate color. One of my blind students who I taught the Braille alphabet to was so fascinated that her clothes could be labeled with these aluminum tags that represented the colors of her clothes. This is a method to consider. You can check www.independentlivingaids.com or www.maxiaids.com to see who sells these aluminum labels. The rehab teacher should know though how you can get a hold of these aluminum Braille label tags.

Lastly, I was unable to read your message to my query about signature writing. Would you  be kind enough to post your response again to this list or email me offlist at: sararooz at gmail.com

Sara Rooz

Certified Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired in New York