[Pibe-division] in an effort to teach braille

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:17:33 UTC 2011

Hi Denise,
While pursuing my degree to become a certified teacher of the blind, at Dominican College, in New York, while learning the Nemeth Code, I was introduced to uusing the perky duck program. I think its a great way to teach students who want to be certified braille transcribers using this product.

I do have a general question about becoming a certified braille transcriber in the literary braille code, tand nemeth code as well as becomoing a proffreader, is any one aware of the process to acqauire this certification. ? More importtantly, what the mean salary of a certified braille transcriber in the braille literay braille code and mnemethcode as well as a profreader. I have written to a personat the nfb but did not receive a response to my above questions. Since I am a fluent reader and writer of the literary braille and mnemeth code I have been considering becoming in these areas as a transcriber aand profreader but would still need to know the meansalary of this profession. I know that many ppeople did this on a voluntary basis. I also anm aware that prison oinmates learn to be a certified braille transcriber and produce textbooks for blind children.