[Pibe-division] early intervention question infant with ROP stae One eligible for ei vision therapy

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 16:03:32 UTC 2012

Hello:

I am trying to assist a parent who has an infant who was born 1 pounds 14 ounces and diagnosed with ROP stage One. Firstly, should this infant be routinely seen by a pediatric ophthalmologist who understands rop? Since I am blind myself due to ROP, I always to use an ophthalmologist who understands the possible complication of ROP. Secondly, at six months of age is this infant entitled for early intervention services including early intervention for vision? I would like to assist the parent as much as possible. Any information is greatly appreciated. The family lives in Brooklyn, New York.

Sara Rooz

Certified Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired in New York

Independent Related Service Provider Vision Education Services in New York City

Email: sararooz at gmail.com