[Pibe-division] early intervention question infant with ROP stae One eligible for ei vision therapy

Kim Cunningham kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Wed Feb 1 16:33:02 UTC 2012

Sara,
I am the parent of a child with ROP also. Our pediatric opthalmologist (and team) has discovered a "cure" for ROP. From my understanding it is a single injection into the eye at the onset of the disease. This disease can progress from stage one to plus disease, so they should keep a very close watch on her. The doctors are at the end of the research and while they are performing this procedure at some hospitals, I'm not sure if it is available everyone. I would suggest you have the family contact:

Dr. Helen Mintz-Hittner
713-559-5200
Houston, Texas

Regards,
Kim Cunningham
President, Texas Parents of Blind Children
kim at tpobc.org