[Pibe-division] can anyone provideme with information regarding the copyright law amendment of 1996 found at nols website

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Jul 26 02:31:10 UTC 2012

The 1996 amendment, the so-called Chafee Amendment is primarily aimed
at producers like NLS, Learning Ally, Bookshare etc.  It says a
qualified nonprofit who primarily serves the blind can put a book
into alternative media without getting permission from the
publisher.  They must be an appropriate not-for-profit, and they must
certify all their users to be qualified.

I would guess that your producing an article in Braille would fall
under fair use.

Dave