[Pibe-division] re Iep goal

Zephyr twilight2 at kconline.com
Fri Mar 23 18:12:53 UTC 2012

Thanks for your information.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sara Rooz
  To: pibe-division at nfbnet.org
  Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 1:33 PM
  Subject: [Pibe-division] re Iep goal

  Hi Zephra;
  My first suggestion is for you in the future to save your Iep goal and short term objectives on a Microsoft word document so if you can't find your Iep goal that you input using your online Iep system that you  have a way of rewriting your goal. I have one resource to suggest to look up goals and short term objectives at www.tsbvi..edu type in the search bos VI goals and you'll be given various skills with goals and under each goal short term objectives. You can use the ideas as a sproing board to write up iep goal and short term objectives for your students. I've used the resource to write clear and precise Iep goal and short term objerectives for my student population which consists students with multiple disabilities who ar blind sand visually impaired. The above resource assisted me tremendously. Good luck rewriting your IewpEp goal and short term objectives. I've learn that the goal needs to be worded spospecifically and indicate how it is measured. This is known as smart goals and the short term objectives can be referred to as bencyhmarks. I may have a website to let you learn how to write iep goal and short term objectives using this format. Many states require Iep goals and short term objectives to be written up in this fashion. For the past three years, I have been following the above wording. Smart refers to the goal being specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time bouound. You can write me offlist for further ways to the goal using this criteria if your state and school district require the implementation the above criteria. Good luck!
  Sara Rooz
  Certified Teacher the Blind and Visually Impaired in New York
  Independent Related Service Provider Vision Education Services New York City
  Correction Iep
  timebound

  To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Pibe-division:
  http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/pibe-division_nfbnet.org/twilight2%40kconline.com