[Pibe-division] Parent Teacher Conference

Denise Mackenstadt cane.travel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 18:16:08 UTC 2012

We are approaching the deadlines for the parent teacher conference at the Washington State School for the Blind on April 14.  I have pasted below the registration information.  I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

NATURE OF INDEPENDENCE

Independent Travel and the Blind Child

2012 PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE

April 14, 2012

Washington State School for the Blind

Our independence comes from within. A slave can have keen eyesight, excellent mobility, and superb reading skills—and still be a slave. We are achieving freedom and independence in the only way that really counts—in rising self-respect, growing self-confidence, and the will and the ability to make choices. Above all, independence means choices, and the power to make those choices stick.

Kenneth Jernigan

Sponsored by the National Federation of the Bllnd of Washington, the National Federation of the Blind of Oregon, the Washington State School for the Blind and by the Imagination Fund of the Jernigan Institute on Blindness Research and Training

                THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF INDEPENDENT MOVEMENT FOR BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED CHILDREN

                PARENTS AS THE FIRST MOVEMENT INSTRUCTOR FOR THEIR CHILDREN

                BEST PRACTICES IN THE INSTRUCTION OF ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY FOR BLIND CHILDREN

                INCLUDING THE TEACHER OF THE BLIND IN THE PRACTICE OF ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY SKILLS

                CONCURRENT SEMINAR FOR BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED YOUTH

                MINI SEMINAR ON STRUCTURED DISCOVERY CANE TRAVEL INSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES

Hear from teachers of the blind, practitioners in the field of orientation and mobility, parents of blind children and successful blind adults.

NAME:

ADDRESS:

TELEPHONE:

EMAIL:

PARENT___ EDUCATOR_____OTHER_____

COST: INCLUDES LUNCH

PARENT-$25

EDUCATOR-$50

OTHER-$25

MEDIA: PRINT ____ BRAILLE ____ DIGITAL ___

MAIL TO:

MAINSTREET MONTESSORI ASSOCIATION

5005 MAIN STREET, SPRINFIELD, OREGON 97478

541-726-2654

Email: ADMIN at CHILDRENSMONTESSORI.COM

REGISTRATION FEES MUST ME RECEIVED BY APRIL 1, 2012 TO HOLD YOUR REGISTRATION

Makes Checks to: MSMA

Pay by Credit Card:

Name:                                                         MasterCard or Visa:

Account Number:                                       Expiration Date:

PROFESSIONAL HOURS WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGH SOUTHWEST ESD

Housing Available at Vancouver Downtown Comfort Inn and Suites at 401 E 13th Street, Vancouver, WA 98660.

For Reservations Call (360) 696-0411 and identify yourself with the NFB of Washington Group for the Group Rate.

Will you need assistance with transportation to the School for the Blind for Saturday, April 14.

Yes ____ No _____

For further information contact Denise Mackenstadt at (206 )419-9555 or cane.travel at gmail.com or Carla McQuillan at (541)726-6924 or admin at mainstreetmontessori.org

Denise Mackenstadt, NOMC
Mackenstadt Rehab Services