[Pibe-division] Teaching multiple students Braille at the Same time

Krystal Guillory krystalguillory at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 23:00:18 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

I am asking if anyone can share their successful practices in teaching numerous students (at various levels) the Literary Braille Code at the same time. I have 2 different classes where I teach 2 to 3 students during the same hour. These students' abilities range from those inconsistent with the Braille alphabet to those who have had some Braille instruction & know some signs but need lots of reading practice to remember them consistently. I essentially have 60 mins on a good day, so if I could teach a lesson that hits all abilities it would be great. Recently, we been reading very low level books & and I tell them the contractions as they come up. The stories are repetitive and there getting faster, but not quick enough.

Thanks for any help you can give. Having taught in a residential school, but responsible for high school English content and always having taught, my students were mostly one-on-one or at least or closer levels.

Thanks,
Krystal

Sent from my iPhone