[Pibe-division] Fw: Braille Letter has Cleared!

Smith, Pauline L PSmith4 at dmc.org
Fri Jun 21 12:34:54 UTC 2013

Now, if we can get guidelines for better Braille instruction for grown-ups and young adults.  When a regional supervisor of a state rehabilitation agency instructs you to teach only the alphabet and enough basic punctuation to make labels unless the person is a fast learner, that doesn't say very much about the importance of braille.  This is all done in order to get students through training programs faster in order to shorten the waiting list for training.  I have been told that those who want to learn more braille beyond the alphabet can continue their instruction through correspondence courses.  This does not work for most of the students we work with.

Keep up the good work and keep advocating.

Pauline