[Pibe-division] self employment

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:30:16 UTC 2013

Hi Marrianne:
I am also a self employed as a blind tvi. In my few years of experience, you receive a specified rate according to the iep mandate. You don't get paid if a student is absent or if you need to be out of work if you''re sick. You aren't paid  for writing up a student's iep goals/objectives and for attending a student's IEP meeting. evenif one needs to travel, the travel time isn't considered a situation where one can bill. At least in New York City, you need to have your own health insurance as well. I teach in new york city .
Sara Rooz