[Pibe-division] summer question

Denise Robinson dmehlenbacher at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 22:41:29 UTC 2013

Gail
Take it from this point
Technology as in a computer with talking software will do everything for a child and the ipad is a great supplementary tool.......and allows for complete independence. If you pulled the people supporting the student in school ....would they fail in school? Are your students able to finish their work at the same speed as their peers....if they re slower, they will fail to get a job. An employer is going to hire the one with know how and skills and speed and the one who knows how to operate a computer. If yes they will fail without these supports in place and yes, they are much slower because they are NOT using the right technology then they qualify for ESY.

And equal access means teaching the student independent skills to catch up to their grade level in all ways.....that means teaching the technology...if the school fails to teach it during the year for whatever reason then it needs to be taught when time allows...which is an ESY qualifier, then it needs to be taught during the summer

Denise M Robinson
Sent from my iPad