[Pibe-division] Questions about Braille for a teacher in Indonesia

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:40:07 UTC 2014

Questions about Braille for a teacher in Indonesia
Hi everyone,
I am in contact with a teacher of the blind in Makassar, Indonesia. We are working on a fund-raising project to bring necessary equipment to the school where he teaches. Here are his questions:
How can he convince his student's that learning contracted Braille is important? Currently, they read only grade one and they are basically all unwilling to learn grade two.
Are there any resources available at a low price or free that help teachers teach Braille music outside the US? Several of his students really want to learn.
Finally, a question unrelated to Braille. What techniques can he use to convince parents to send their blind adult children to school. These are people who are in their late teens to mid twenties and have never been to school.
Any advice would be great.
Jewel

Sent from my iPhone