[Pibe-division] Questions about Braille for a teacher in Indonesia

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Tue Feb 11 17:23:26 UTC 2014

If these students ever want to read anything that is brailled by
someone else they must learn contracted braille.  It will make them
literate.  Even if they don't work, it can enhance their leisure time.

I believe Hadley teaches a braille music course and their courses are
free to anyone around the world.

I would talk to parents about their goals for their children.  Try to
find things the students find interesting and show how educating the
student can help them.

If possible, connect them with blind adults in their country and also
with students who may attend a school for the blind.  These
connections can start everyone thinking.

Also, check out Perkins website.  They have good information about
international blind services.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053